Top Ten TED Talks of All Time
We can learn so much from TED Talks–not just from their content but also from their delivery.
In our lab we have done research on what makes a TED talk go viral and found that the best TED speakers indicate charisma, credibility and intelligence incredibly quickly.
The best way to learn what they do is to see them in action. Here is a list of the top ten TED talks of all time.
#1. Do Schools Kill Creativity?
by Ken Robinson
Sir Ken Robinson makes an entertaining and profoundly moving case for creating an education system that nurtures (rather than undermines) creativity.
- Lots of eye contact
- Leaning in towards the audience
- Smiling and laughter at his jokes
#2 Your Body Language Shapes Who You Are
by Amy Cuddy
#3 How Great Leaders Inspire Action
#4 The Power of Vulnerability
#5 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Orgasm
#6 My Stroke of Insight
#7 Why We Do What We Do
#8 The Puzzle of Motivation
#9 The Thrilling Potential of SixthSense Technology
#10 Looks aren’t everything. Believe me, I’m a model.
Bonus: When to Take a Stand–and when to let it go
by Ash Beckham
This talk is one of my personal favorites as Ash Beckham talks about the challenges of standing up for yourself and when to know when to speak up.
- Good planting
- Confident vocal power
- Palm visible hand gestures
Want more tips on speaking presence? Then you must check out my book Captivate
Ever wonder what makes people tick? Want to know the hidden forces that drive our behavior? In Vanessa Van Edwards new book Captivate, she explains a simple blueprint for hacking human behavior. In this science packed, anti-boring guide you will learn:
- The formula for fascinating conversation
- How to walk into a room full of strangers and make a killer first impression
- What to do to increase your impact and income using people skills
- Our strategy for hacking the people code–we call it the matrix (Keanu Reeves not included with each book sale)
- The art and science of understanding people
Learn the new–science based way for winning friends and influencing people.