Hi, I’m Vanessa!
You deserve more. More influence, more income, more of what you want. I would be honored to help you. My name is Vanessa Van Edwards and I’m a recovering awkward person. I’m also the bestselling author of Captivate: The Science of Succeeding with People, Cues: Learn the Secret Language of Charismatic Communication, and creator of People School.
My goal is simple: Help YOU get to your goals faster. Never be overlooked, interrupted, or forgotten again.
Vanessa regularly creates custom workshops for the world’s most innovative companies and events.
Interested in booking Vanessa to speak at your event? Learn more.
Previous speaking engagements include
Vanessa Official Bio
Vanessa is the bestselling author of Captivate: The Science of Succeeding with People, translated into 17 languages, and Cues: Master the Secret Language of Charismatic Communication. More than 50 million people watch her engaging YouTube tutorials and TEDx Talk.
Vanessa shares tangible skills to improve interpersonal communication and leadership, including her insights on how people work. She’s developed a science-based framework for understanding different personalities to improve our EQ and help us communicate with colleagues, clients, and customers.
Vanessa works with entrepreneurs, growing businesses, and trillion-dollar companies; and has been featured on CNN, BBC, CBS Mornings, Fast Company, Inc. Magazine, Entrepreneur Magazine, USA Today, The Today Show, and many more.
Millions visit her website monthly for her methods that turn “soft skills” into actionable, masterable frameworks that can be applied daily. Hundreds of thousands of students have taken her communication courses on Udemy, CreativeLive, LinkedIn, and her flagship course People School.
Vanessa is renowned for teaching science-backed people skills to audiences worldwide, including SXSW, MIT, and CES. Her groundbreaking and engaging workshops and courses teach individuals how to succeed in business and life by understanding the hidden dynamics of people.
She regularly speaks to innovative companies, including Google, Facebook, Comcast, Miller-Coors, Microsoft, Amazon, and Univision. She has been a spokesperson for Dove, American Express, Clean & Clear, and Symantec.
Vanessa in the Media
Our research is featured in the world’s leading media outlets.
Weird facts about Vanessa…
Just for fun
- She loves the tea they serve on airplanes more than any other drink.
- She urban nomaded for two years and lived in 14 different cities.
- She does her most creative thinking while hiking (which she does 6 days a week, rain or shine).
- She lives in Austin, TX, with her husband and two daughters.
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Freakonomics by Steven Levitt and Stephen Dubner
- Blink by Malcolm Gladwell *But really everything he has written is great!
- Popular Science
- Psychology Today
- Scientific American
- The Week Magazine
Her Netflix list
- Lie to Me *Vanessa was trained by the man this show was based on–Dr. Paul Ekman!
- The Mentalist
- The Bachelor (terrible I know!)
- I Love Lucy
- Anything in the category “British Drama with a Strong Female Lead”
AS FEATURED ON