With the mysterious allure of semi-revealing questions and spontaneous or weird dares, Truth or Dare can show you a side of people you’ve never seen before. It can include scandalous confessions or adrenaline-rushing dares, or it can be silly.
The best Truth or Dare questions get everyone talking, chuckling, gawking, blushing, or even cringing (without being too raunchy or embarrassing).
Here are 251 best Truth or Dare questions to keep everyone entertained and comfortable.
Sit in a circle and begin with one player choosing whether they want a truth question or a dare. You can choose whose turn it is by moving clockwise around a circle, spinning a bottle, or selecting random players. Once someone has made their choice, a truth-questioner or dare-master will give them their fate.
But here’s the kicker: If they don’t want to answer the truth question or take on the challenge of a dare, there is some sort of penalty involved. For adults, it may be taking a sip of their drink. A family-friendly option may be giving up a piece of candy or losing play money. Either way, don’t forget to have fun with it and ensure you include everyone.
Truth Questions for Truth or Dare
Most people associate Truth or Dare with the chance to see their friends do something outrageous. But truth questions are remarkably underrated for revealing deeper feelings and juicy secrets you may not otherwise know about someone. Sometimes the haze of a late-night game after a few drinks provides the perfect setting to open up and confess the unexpected.
- What is your biggest fear?
- What is the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever done?
- What’s a secret you’ve never told anyone?
- What is your biggest fantasy?
- When was the last time you cried?
- What is the biggest lie you’ve ever told?
- What is the most embarrassing photo of you?
- What would you do if you were the opposite gender for a week?
- What do most people assume about you that isn’t true?
- What are your thoughts on reincarnation?
- What is the stupidest thing you ever did as a teenager?
- Have you ever broken the law?
- What’s your biggest regret?
- Who do you have a crush on?
- What was the most awkward date you ever went on?
- What is one item you hope nobody ever finds in your room?
- Have you ever stolen something?
- Have you ever cheated on an exam?
- Tell the story of the drunkest you’ve ever been.
- How old were you when you first tried alcohol?
- What is the silliest thing you feel emotionally attached to?
- What is the biggest mistake you’ve ever made?
- Have you ever played hooky at work?
- Have you ever lied to get out of an awkward date?
- Who is the best-looking person here?
- Who is the funniest person here?
- What is the scariest nightmare you’ve ever had?
- When was the most inappropriate time you farted in public?
- What is the worst joke you’ve played on someone?
- What is the worst prank that someone played on you?
- If you starred in a romance movie, what would it be like?
- What is the most embarrassing thing you’ve posted on social media?
- What is your favorite thing that your significant other does for you?
- Tell us something you don’t want us to know.
- What do you hope your parents never find out about?
- What is the strangest dream you’ve ever had?
- Who was the last person you searched on Instagram?
- How old were you when you had your first kiss?
- Who was your first kiss?
- Why did you break up with your last boyfriend?
- Have you ever shared a secret you weren’t supposed to tell?
Pro Tip: The best self-improvement starts with intriguing conversations. Want to learn how to make the most of every opportunity to improve yourself? Check out our free course:
Communicate With Confidence
Do you struggle with small talk? Do you often run out of things to say or feel awkward and self-conscious in social situations? Our Conversation Mastery Course teaches you the secrets of master conversationalists and gives you the skills you need to have confident, engaging, and captivating conversations with anyone, anywhere.
Funny Truth Questions for Truth or Dare
Don’t forget to ask some silly questions to keep Truth or Dare lighthearted and exciting. These funny questions are sure to get your friends laughing:
- What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever done in front of a mirror?
- What was the last thing you searched for on your phone?
- How often do you check yourself out in the reflection of a window?
- What is the longest you’ve gone without a shower?
- How long have you gone without brushing your teeth?
- What celebrity would you hate to see naked?
- Have you ever farted and blamed someone else?
- Do you ever drool in your sleep?
- Do you snore?
- What is your worst bad habit?
- Have you ever peed in a pool?
- Have you accidentally wet your pants as an adult?
- Did your parents ever give you the “birds and bees” talk?
- Do you ever pick your nose?
- Would you rather have to walk around naked for a day or have your thoughts displayed as thought bubbles for everyone to read?
- Do you talk in your sleep?
- What color underwear are you wearing right now?
- Would you trade in your dog for a million dollars?
- Have you ever been caught checking someone out? How did they react?
- What’s the longest you’ve ever spent in the bathroom?
- How many selfies do you take per day?
- Do you eat food off the floor?
- Are you afraid of the dark?
- If you could reincarnate in someone else’s body, who would you want to become?
- What is the most useless piece of knowledge you know?
- If you run out of toilet paper, would you wipe with the empty roll?
- If you could only say one swear word for the rest of your life, which one would you choose?
- What animal most closely resembles your style of eating?
- If you could play a prank on anyone without getting caught, what would it be?
Good Dares for Truth or Dare
The “dare” side of this game is where things can get interesting. Some of the best dares can have an element of danger or surprise, while others might be outright goofy. Here are some fun dares for virtually any situation:
- Yell out the first word that comes to your mind.
- Hold your nose while you sing the chorus of your favorite song.
- Call your dad and say you got engaged.
- Dance for 30 seconds to a Snoop Dogg song.
- Eat a whole raw clove of garlic.
- Close your eyes until your next turn.
- Take a shot.
- Hold three ice cubes in your mouth until they melt.
- Give a foot massage to the person on your right.
- Melt ice on the back of the person next to you.
- Sing the lyrics to the Star Spangled Banner.
- Do 100 squats.
- Show the most embarrassing photo on your phone.
- Read the last 5 text messages on your phone.
- Try to lick your elbow.
- Pretend to be the person to your left for the next 15 minutes.
- Do your best impersonation of the person to your right.
- Impersonate your favorite animal.
- Crawl around the room.
- Belly dance to Moroccan music.
- Try to put your whole hand in your mouth.
- Empty your wallet or purse and show everybody what is inside.
- Make the ugliest face you possibly can.
- Do a cartwheel.
- Post your oldest phone selfie as your Instagram story.
- Give a 5-minute makeover to the person on your right.
- Howl like a wolf at the moon.
- Curse like a sailor for 30 seconds straight.
- Do a magic trick.
- Crack an egg between your hands.
- Jump in the shower with your clothes on.
Dares for Truth or Dare over Text
Yes, you can play Truth or Dare over text, and it can be enjoyable…especially if you send voice memos or ask for photographic evidence. Here are some ideas:
- Send me your most recent picture in your photo reel.
- Record yourself singing a song and post it in your social media story.
- Message someone you haven’t talked to in a year and send me the screenshot.
- Send your mom the text “you won’t believe what just happened” and share what she responds.
- Record yourself doing your makeup blindfolded.
- Send a voice message of you singing Mariah Carey.
- Send a heart-eye emoji in response to your crush’s Instagram story.
- Send a photo of your cringest outfit.
- Screenshot your browser history.
- I dare you to order me $10 worth of food delivery.
- Do a three-way prank call and let me listen.
- Cut a piece of our hair.
- Video yourself opening your windows and singing as loud as you can.
- Brush your teeth with peanut butter and send a photo.
- Text a random number a selfie.
- Find the spiciest thing in your house and eat a whole spoonful.
- Make a video of you making your weirdest personal habit.
- Dress up like me and send a photo.
- Change your profile picture to an unflattering photo for one day.
Dares for Truth or Dare with Friends
Whether you’ve got a big friend group or a few close besties, try these dares to test their bravery and get in some good laughs:
- I dare you to order a pizza for the group.
- Act like whatever animal someone yells out.
- Call a family member on your phone and sing a song chosen by the group. No talking allowed!
- Do an interpretive dance of human life.
- Give the person to your left a “wet willy.”
- Pretend the person to your right is your girlfriend or boyfriend and beg them not to leave you.
- Kiss the pet dog on the lips.
- Get in the weirdest yoga pose you’ve ever done.
- Hoola hoop for 10 minutes straight.
- Make a cocktail for everyone in the group.
- Do 50 pushups.
- Tell the funniest story of how you met someone in the group.
- Jump as high as you can for one minute.
- Smell someone’s armpit.
- Do your favorite TikTok dance.
- Talk in a British accent until your next turn.
- Call your friend and sign them Happy Birthday.
- Prank call a friend or family member.
- Do your best runway walk.
- Do the worm.
- Try to touch your nose with your tongue. If you can’t, you have to touch another player’s nose with your tongue.
Dares for Truth or Dare with Your Boyfriend
Daring your man to do something goofy or cute can help bring you closer together. Here are some dare ideas for your boyfriend:
- I dare you to tell me the first thing you noticed about me.
- Eat spaghetti with me like Lady and the Tramp.
- Show me your best dance move.
- Roleplay like you’re Noah, and I’m Allie from The Notebook.
- Pretend you’re Forrest Gump and I’m Jenny.
- Write a love letter in 10 words or less.
- Make a wildflower bouquet with only flowers in the yard.
- Sing your favorite love song.
- Wear something I would pick out from your closet.
- Give me a foot massage.
- Give me a back massage.
- Whisper one of your deepest, darkest secrets.
- Imitate your favorite emoji.
- Say “I love you” while doing 30 jumping jacks.
- Hold a plank for 30 seconds while repeating one thing you love about me.
Dares for Truth or Dare with Your Girlfriend
Hanging out with your significant other just got a lot more interesting. Try these dares for a fun and romantic evening:
- Sing the most romantic song you know.
- Give me a French kiss.
- Re-enact your favorite romantic scene from a movie.
- Do your best twerk dance.
- Put on a blindfold and make a sandwich (jokingly).
- Express your love with sign language.
- Show me your favorite couple pose.
- Retell the story of how we met from your perspective.
- Eat a cupcake in the flirtiest way possible.
- Demonstrate how you want someone to kiss you.
- Describe your perfect date night.
- Describe your ideal romantic partner.
- Give me a romantic nickname.
- Balance a balloon between our faces.
- Whisper a secret in my ear.
- Switch clothes with me.
Fun Dares for Truth or Dare
Sometimes you have to get creative to keep Truth or Dare interesting. Here are some playful and entertaining dare ideas:
- Chug hot sauce for 30 seconds.
- Call a random number and pretend to be a different personality.
- Put your head out the window like a dog while driving.
- Do the weirdest dance possible.
- Do a downward dog.
- Go on Facebook and like every photo of the first person you see.
- Fake cry.
- Make out with your hand.
- Do your best imitation of Britney Spears.
- Do the Macarena.
- Talk in the voice of the opposite gender for the rest of the game.
- Give a bear hug to the person to your right.
- Poke somebody random and walk away.
- Attempt to breakdance.
- Blindfold yourself and take a drink of a beverage chosen by the group.
- Pretend to be a ballerina.
- Make up a rap.
- Pet somebody as if they are a dog.
- Show us the goofiest photo of you as a kid.
Weird Dares for Truth or Dare
In Truth or Dare, there’s nothing wrong with getting a little funky. These strange dares will probably make for some hilarious memories:
- Call the last person you texted and just “meow” into the phone.
- Walk like a crab for the rest of the game.
- Put mascara on the person next to you.
- Go to the bathroom and put your underwear over your pants for the rest of the game.
- Snapchat a photo of your elbow and caption it “my favorite body part.”
- Tape your mouth shut for 2 rounds.
- Lay on the floor and act like you are a piece of frying bacon.
- Let everyone in the group draw on your arm or with a permanent marker.
- Find a random amount of trash and try to sell it to the group as if it is valuable.
- Wrap toilet paper around your body like a mummy.
- Put ice cubes down your pants and try to shake them out.
- Bark at a dog passing by the house.
- Eat a piece of soap.
- Let the player to your left redo your makeup with their eyes closed.
- Draw your favorite movie and have everyone try to guess it.
- Demonstrate how you style your hair in the morning.
- Show the facial expression you make after eating something super sour.
- Re-enact the worst date you’ve ever been on.
- Serenade the person to your right with a song for a full minute.
- Talk like a robot.
- Talk as if you have no teeth.
- Build a pillow fort for the rest of the game.
- Make a tin foil hat and wear it for the rest of the night.
- Make a diaper out of a dishtowel.
- Use your feet as your hands and pick up anything you need for the next few rounds with only your toes.
- Try to pick your nose with your tongue.
- Make a fart noise with your armpit.
- Make a face mask using wet toilet paper.
- Cover your whole face in blush.
- Put your socks in the freezer for 30 minutes, then put them back on.
- Color your teeth with lipstick.
- Take a selfie in your significant other’s clothes.
- Do a hula hooping dance.
- Hold your nose while talking for the next 10 minutes.
- Sing like an opera singer.
Food Dares for Truth or Dare
When all the party snacks are already gone, try a food dare to test out a weird food combo or cure the late-night munchies:
- Take an item out of the refrigerator and passionately kiss it.
- Order Chinese takeout egg rolls for the group.
- Drink a combination of ketchup, mustard, and a beverage.
- Lick whipped cream off of your significant other’s face.
- Go to the kitchen and make the most random snack possible with just 5 ingredients.
- Balance a spoonful of mayo on your nose for 10 seconds.
- Eat a spoonful of Sriracha
- Take a bite of a stick of butter.
- Mix cereal, peanut butter, and pickles, then eat it.
- Pretend you’re a bird and eat off your plate using only your mouth.
- Eat a snack without using your hands.
- Eat a mouthful of crackers and try to whistle.
- Fill your mouth with water and try not to spit it out while the rest of the group cracks jokes.
- Combine two foods that should never go together.
- Pretend to be a waiter or waitress and take food orders from everyone in the group.
- Grab 2 items from the refrigerator while blindfolded and eat them together.
- Take a shot of pickle juice.
- Call Mcdonald’s and ask if they sell Whoppers.
- Eat a mouthful of raw pasta.
- Start a food fight.
- Eat as much pizza as possible in 30 seconds (without hurting yourself).
- Stain your teeth with berries or other bright-colored food.
- Mix orange juice with milk, then drink it.
- Chug a carbonated drink and burp as loud as possible.
- Pretend to call a restaurant and place the weirdest order you can come up with.
Tips for Truth or Dare Questions
Once you’ve got some great ideas for Truth or Dare, be sure that you’re prepared to address any tension that may arise during the game. You don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings or make your friends feel ashamed. These simple tips will ensure that everyone has a good time without feeling like their boundaries are being crossed:
- Survey your friends: Make sure everyone is enthusiastic and excited about the game. Notice people’s reactions to the idea. If they seem hesitant or un-excited by Truth or Dare, be sure they still have the option to play and simply cater your dares or truth questions to less intrusive topics and challenges.
- Give the option to skip: It’s helpful to clarify that they can skip all questions or dares if someone doesn’t feel comfortable with them.
- Avoid sensitive topics: Some truth questions are simply too invasive or uncomfortable. It’s best to avoid overly sensitive issues like sexuality, religion, politics, or traumatic experiences. When in doubt, skip to a different question!
If you want to learn more ways to level up your friendships and create fun parties, read more about How to Host a Game Night.