Here are some interesting facts about male body language!
1. Men and Body Language Cues
Men use different areas of their brain to read body language and often are not as good at reading body language as women.
- Researcher Monika Moore found men often miss a women’s first courtship signal. On average women need to eye-gaze three times before a man takes notice.
- Women might be better at reading body language because more of their brain is active when they evaluate other’s behavior. When in an MRI women have 14 to 16 active brain areas while evaluating others, whereas men only have 4 to 6 active.
2. Men, Women and Lying
Men and women lie differently. Their motivations for deception are different:
- Men lie to appear more powerful, interesting, and successful. They lie about themselves eight times more than they lie about others.
- Women lie less about themselves and more to protect others feelings or to make others feel better about themselves.
3. Men Like Availability Over All Else
Which body language cue do men find the most attractive? Being available. Studies show that men are more attracted to a woman who engages in flirtation behavior to show she is available over the best-looking woman in the room.
- Flirtation behaviors:
- Having an expressive face
- Minimal arm crossing
- Keeping hands outside of pockets
- Intimate eye gazing (from the eyes to the mouth to the body)
- Leaning towards the other person
4. What is a woman’s favorite male body part?
Legs, butt, chest or arms? The answer: The majority of women favor a man’s butt as her favorite male body part.