Do you want to have an elevator pitch that is both memorable and influential? There are a few secrets to the best pitches and I’m going to share them.
This month on the blog I have reviewed some reader submitted pitches to give us all an opportunity to learn what to do…and what not to do.
Let’s take a look at John’s elevator pitch:
Elevator Pitch Do’s:
- Enunciate and speak clearly
- Use a paced cadence for people to understand and keep up with you
- Keep an open torso
- Aim your torso at the person you are speaking with
Elevator Pitch Dont’s:
- Don’t freeze or tense up your body. Use movement purposeful to add warmth and energy
- Wring your hands or crack your knuckles. Use explanatory hand gestures to demonstrate concepts
- Sound memorized or stagnant. Tell a story or example to add emotionality to your voice
Overall, Johnn did an awesome job! You want to see more about what he does? Check out his LinkedIn.
Learn the 3 Steps to Amazing Conversation
Make every conversation count. Discover our 3 step, science backed formula to mastering conversation without losing your authenticity.