Polishing your trivia skills might not make you the next Einstein, but it CAN improve your cognitive skills by exercising your frontal cortex. Plus, time spent with friends, working on a team, and getting questions right can all provide a much-needed boost to your mental health.
What Are Trivia Questions?
Trivia questions are fun and interesting questions that cover a wide range of topics. That’s what makes trivia fun!
Fast Fact: Engaging in socially and cognitively stimulating activities may reduce the impact of cognitive decline from aging.
How to Play Trivia?
To play trivia, a host reads questions, and each team (5-10 people on a team) writes down their answers. Questions are asked in a set of rounds, and answers are given at the end of each round. Points are also tallied up at the end of each round. Usually, there are 5-8 questions per round and 5-7 rounds total. A trivia night usually lasts 1-3 hours.
Communicate With Confidence
Do you struggle with small talk? Do you often run out of things to say or feel awkward and self-conscious in social situations? Our Conversation Mastery Course teaches you the secrets of master conversationalists and gives you the skills you need to have confident, engaging, and captivating conversations with anyone, anywhere.
275 Best Trivia Questions With Answers
Regardless of your chosen theme, we have trivia questions for you! Choose from almost 300 trivia questions to delight friends, family, and coworkers.
Easy Trivia Questions
- Name the seven wonders of the world.
1. The Colosseum
2. The Great Wall of China
3. The Taj Mahal
4. Christ the Redeemer
5. Machu Picchu
6. Chichén Itzá
- Where is the Great Barrier Reef located?
- What country gave the U.S. the Statue of Liberty?
- How many bones are in the human body?
- Where is the Bermuda Triangle located?
The Atlantic Ocean
- Which planet is closest to the Earth?
- Where is the Oval Office located in the White House?
In the West Wing
Fun Trivia Questions
- What does the US Postal Service do with letters to God?
They send them to mail recovery offices or local churches.
- Lake Superior State University offers questing licenses for what mythical animal?
- On average, what is the thing that Americans do 22 times a day?
Open the fridge
- A ‘black box’ records the performance and condition of an aircraft in flight. What color is the ‘black box’?
- What kind of doctor invented cotton candy?
- What state banned Margarine for 72 years to protect their dairy farmers?
- What animal was successfully trained to tell the difference between Monet and Picasso?
- What animal is constitutionally protected in Florida?
Funny Trivia Questions
- Cows produce 3% less milk when listening to what kind of music?
- How do lobsters communicate?
- President Coolidge played what prank on the Secret Service?
Repeatedly ringing an emergency alert bell and then hiding.
- Cartoonist Gary Larson illustrated a satirical comic about a made-up phobia called anatidaephobia. What is anatidaephobia?
Fear that a duck may be watching you.
Hard Trivia Questions
- In which sport are barani, rudolph, and randolph all techniques?
- Name the hospital where the first human-to-human heart transplant took place.
Groote Schuur Hospital
- What materials were used to create the first artificial Christmas trees?
Goose feathers that were dyed green.
- Which U.S. President had the middle name Milhous?
- What is the name of the British archaeologist who discovered Tutankhamun’s tomb?
- What is known as a now-extinct flightless bird and last seen on an island off the coast of Iceland?
The great auk (Pinguinus impennis)
- What is the 5th decimal digit of pi?
- Name the four U.S. presidents who were assassinated while in office.
Abraham Lincoln, James Garfield, William McKinley, and John F. Kennedy
- What is the second-biggest organ in the human body?
- How many humps does a dromedary camel have?
Culture Trivia Questions
For a culture-themed trivia night, use these questions on food, history, music, and art.
Pop Culture Trivia Questions
- What famous country singer once lost in her own “look-alike” contest?
- Who was the lead actress in Pretty Woman?
- What are the names of the 5 people in One Direction?
Harry, Niall, Louis, Liam, and Zayn
- What fiction author outsold the Bible in 2022?
- What is the highest-grossing movie of all time?
Avatar (Surpassing Titanic, which was previously the highest-grossing movie)
- What actor is the most-watched man on television?
- What car was James Dean driving when he was killed in an accident?
- The Night Watch’s cloaks from Game of Thrones were made from what?
- Taylor Swift won her first Grammy for what song?
- How many instruments could Prince play?
At least 27
- Where did Dwayne Johnson play football?
University of Miami
- What is the name of Emma Thompson’s mom?
- Why was John Legend jealous of Ryan Gosling in La La Land?
Because of how quickly Ryan learned to play the jazz piano
- At the 2015 Met Gala, Rihanna wore a yellow cape with a long train. How many feet long was the train?
- Who designed Lady Gaga’s infamous meat dress that she wore to the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards?
- Who was the first Disney princess?
Food Trivia Questions
- What was the first food eaten in space?
- What is the main ingredient in white chocolate?
- What is the singular word for spaghetti?
- Bananas are really an herb distantly related to what other food item?
- How many flavors are in a box of Froot Loops?
One. All the colors taste the same!
- What is the most stolen food in the world?
- What six fruits are in the rose family?
Apples, pears, plums, cherries, apricots, and peaches
- One ostrich egg is equal in volume to roughly how many chicken eggs?
2 dozen chicken eggs
- Which fast-food company piloted a chicken-flavored nail polish?
History Trivia Questions
- What was the name of the official residence of the president of South Korea (until 2022)?
The Blue House
- Wyoming Territory was the first to grant women the right to vote in what year?
- The Spanish Inquisition attempted to maintain the dominance of which religion?
- The Tudors ruled in which European country?
- The Samurai were warriors in which Asian country?
- What did Amelia Earhart do in 1928?
Became the first woman to cross the Atlantic in an airplane.
- What is the address of the U.K. Prime Minister?
10 Downing Street
- What famous event happened on February 14, 1876?
Alexander Graham Bell applied for a patent on the invention of the telephone.
- What year was Napoleon defeated at Waterloo?
Music Trivia Questions
- What is considered by musicians to be the hardest instrument to play?
The french horn
- How old was Loretta Lynn when she became a grandmother?
- What is the national instrument of Mongolia?
Morin Khuur, a two-stringed instrument that sounds similar to a cello or violin
- What instrument did John Lennon receive when he was seven years old?
- Who was described by a critic as “the elephant on the keyboard”?
- What is Erik Satie most known for?
- Which is the correct title of Annie Lennox’s song? ‘Sweet Dreams Are Made of These’ or “Sweet Dreams Are Made of This”?
Sweet Dreams Are Made of This
- When Beethoven was 12 years old, he composed what piece of music?
9 Variations on a March
Art & Literature Trivia Questions
- What is the name of the French author who wrote the book Around the World in Eighty Days?
- Name the two Renaissance artists commissioned to paint rivaling frescoes at the Palazzo Vecchio in Florence.
Leonardo and Michelangelo
- What surrealist artist famously recreated Jean-François Millet’s painting, The Angelus?
- Before Michelangelo sculpted his monumental 17-foot-high David, this artist created a smaller sculpture of David at the start of the Renaissance.
- Who wrote One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich?
- Who is sometimes called “the father of modern linguistics” and believed the rules for language acquisition are innate rather than learned?
- What year was Anna Karenina published?
- Why was George Orwell’s 1984 banned in the U.S.?
Obscenity and pro-communist passages.
- Some say that Vincent Van Gogh didn’t actually kill himself. Instead, who do they believe shot him?
Teenage boys in the community
- Lady With an Ermine by Leonardo da Vinci originally omitted what in the painting?
- Cogito ergo sum, “I think, therefore I am,” is a Latin phrase by which philosopher?
Bible Trivia Questions
- How many of each animal did Noah take into the ark?
14 of each clean animal, and 2 of each unclean animal.
- Fill in the blank. Jesus said, “Come unto me all you who are….”
Heavy laden/carrying a heavy burden
- How did Moses’ mother save him from being killed by Pharoah as a baby?
Putting him in a woven basket in the river.
- Where did God give Moses the 10 commandments?
- Jews, Muslims, and Christians are called what because of their shared belief in the God of Abraham?
- What work did Jesus do?
- The religious leaders condemned Jesus for eating with who?
- How many books in the New Testament have the name “John” in them?
Four (Gospel of John, 1 John, 2 John, 3 John)
- What book of the Bible includes a blessing for anyone who reads the words of the book?
- What was the name of the Prophetess who led the Israelites to victory in the battle against Sisera?
- Who was the first person Jesus appeared to after raising from the dead?
- In Genesis, there is a foreshadowing of a coming savior when God promises that man will crush the head of what?
- What instrument did King David play?
Lyre (or harp)
- What was the name of the woman in the New Testament who dealt in purple textiles in Phillipi? She was also the first recorded European to become a Christian.
Lydia of Thyatira
Trivia About the Natural World
Science Trivia Questions
- According to scientists, which is more powerful? The unconscious or the conscious mind?
The unconscious mind
- According to the National Science Foundation, what percentage of our thoughts are negative?
- Like fingerprints, what other part of your body has a unique print on it?
Your tongue has a unique tongue-print
- What color are the sunsets on mars?
- What is the smallest unit of matter?
- What does a “Geiger Counter” measure?
- What word do scientists use to describe a unit of measure that is also the name of an animal?
- How many continents are there in the world?
Seven: Africa, Antarctica, Asia, Australia/Oceania, Europe, North America, and South America.
- It’s disputed who really holds the status of the fastest talker in the world but severally have been acknowledged. Name at least one of the fastest talkers.
Sean Shannon, John Moschitta, Fran Capo, Steve Woodmore
- What is glossolalia?
The unexplained ability to suddenly speak in a previously unknown language.
- What is sleep talking formally known as?
- 94% of British people talk about what topic the most?
- How many moons does Saturn have?
- When oxygen is in liquid or solid form, what color is it?
- What is the only letter that doesn’t appear in the periodic table?
- What are the only mammals with wings?
- Who is more likely to be colorblind? Men or women?
Geography Trivia Questions
- What city has the largest Greek population outside of Greece?
- 90% of the Earth’s population lives where?
In the Northern Hemisphere
- What country is wider than the moon?
- Russia and the U.S. are how far apart (at their closest points)?
2.4 miles apart
- What is the smallest country in the world?
- What continent covers four hemispheres?
- What is the largest desert in the world?
The Antarctic Polar Desert
- Parts of Canada are south of what U.S. city?
- How many time zones are there in Russia?
11 time zones
- Mount Chimborazo is the highest point on Earth, but it’s not as tall as Mount Everest. How is this possible?
The equatorial bulge
- This mountain range is shrinking while this mountain range is growing.
The Appalachians are shrinking (erosion) while the Himalayas are growing (tectonic plate movement).
Animal Trivia Questions
- How many eyes does a bee have?
- What kind of ink does a squid make?
- How many chambers are there in a dog’s heart?
- The skin of a golden poison dart frog has enough poison to kill how many people?
- How long would it take a snail to crawl one mile?
- Hedgehogs eat poisonous plants or bugs to make frothy saliva. They then lick the foam over their body to provide a protective covering. This self-protection is called what?
- Cheetahs can reach what speed in as little as three seconds?
112km/h or 70 mph
- How many ant species are there in the world?
- What is a flock of goldfinch called?
- Why do wrens roost together (with up to 63 in one nest!)?
To stay warm when it’s cold.
- Dogs are thought to be as smart as humans of what age?
- Great white sharks have such a strong sense of smell that they can detect a colony of seals at what distance?
Two miles away
Sports Trivia Questions With Answers
N.F.L. Trivia Questions
- Who is the all-time leading scorer in N.F.L. history?
Morten Andersen with 2,544 points.
- Who has the most rushing yards in a single season?
Eric Dickerson with 2,105 yards in 1984.
- How many teams are there in the N.F.L.?
- When was the N.F.L. founded?
The N.F.L. was founded on August 20, 1920.
- Who was the first African American head coach in the N.F.L.?
- Who is the shortest player in N.F.L. history?
Jack Shapiro, at 5’1″.
- Who won the first Super Bowl?
The Green Bay Packers
- What is the length of an N.F.L. game?
Four quarters, each lasting 15 minutes.
- What is the penalty for roughing the passer?
Results in a loss of yards, typically 15 or more yards.
World Cup Trivia Questions
- Who won the World Cup in 2022?
- The first world cup was held in 1930 in what country?
- The fastest goal in world cup history was scored in how many seconds?
10.8 seconds by Hakan Sakur
- Who is considered the greatest female soccer player of all time?
Marta Vieira da Silva (Sometimes known mononomously as Marta)
- Why was there a gap of 16 years between a World Cup Tournament?
World War II
- Who was the oldest player to score a World Cup goal?
Roger Milla, at 42 years of age
- What award is given to the most outstanding player at each World Cup?
The Golden Ball
- What was the name of the dog that helped recover the World Cup trophy after it was stolen in 1966?
- What was the first year the World Cup was held in two different countries?
The 2002 World Cup, in Japan and South Korea
- How often are the Olympics held?
Every four years.
- How many dimples does an average golf ball have?
- The Triple Crown award is given to a horse that wins which three races?
The Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes, and Belmont Stakes
- Which boxer fought against Muhammad Ali and won?
- How long is a marathon?
26.2 miles or 42 kilometers
- In football, how many points does a touchdown hold?
- In what year were women allowed to compete in the modern Olympic games, and in what sport?
- How old was Tiger Woods when he won the Masters?
- In which winter sport are the terms “stale fish” and “mule kick” used?
- What team won the very first N.B.A. game in 1946?
The New York Knicks
- Who was the first N.B.A. player to shatter a backboard?
- What is the name of the fictitious Minor League Baseball team on The Simpsons?
The Springfield Isotopes
- Who was the first baseball player to appear on a Wheaties box?
- What African country was the first ever to qualify for a World Cup?
Top Movie Trivia Questions and Answers
Host a movie-themed trivia night with these fun and surprising trivia questions.
Harry Potter Trivia Questions
- Who anonymously sends Harry his father’s Invisibility Cloak on Christmas?
- What is the name of the Weasley family’s home?
- What family does Winky the house-elf belong to before working at Hogwarts?
The Crouch family
- Who chose Alan Rickman to play Severus Snape?
- What animals were specially trained by the producers of the movie?
Owls were trained to carry letters.
- How many pairs of glasses did Daniel Radcliffe go through during the production of all the movies?
Marvel Trivia Questions
- Who is the main antagonist in the first Avengers movie?
- When was the first Avengers comic book released?
- Who is T’Challa’s father?
- At the end of Captain Marvel, what name does Nick Fury give to the response team plan?
The Protector Initiative
- What does the acronym S.W.O.R.D. stand for in WandaVision?
Sentient Weapon Observation Response Division
- Which eye does Nick Fury wear his eye patch?
The left eye
- How old is Black Widow in Infinity War?
- Who said, “That’s my secret, Cap. I’m always angry” in Avengers?
Bruce Banner (The Incredible Hulk)
The Office Trivia Questions
- What’s the name of the company The Office employees work for?
- Why does Andy call Jim “Big Tuna”?
He saw Jim eating a tuna fish sandwich on his first day at the new branch.
- What season did Steve Carell leave The Office?
The 7th season
- How much does Michael donate to Oscar’s nephew’s walkathon?
$25 per mile.
- Who gave Michael the “World’s Best Boss” mug?
He bought it for himself.
- Why does Dwight Schrute pick brown and gray balloons for Kelly’s birthday party?
Because they match the carpet.
- In the episode Christmas Party, who does Kevin get for Secret Santa?
- Why did John Krasinski have to wear a wig for Season 3?
He shaved his head for Leatherheads.
- What did Jim write on Meredith’s cast in Season 4, Episode 5, Launch Party?
His real name, John Krasinski.
Star Wars Trivia Questions
- Han Solo boasted that the Millennium Falcon made the Kessel Run in less than how many parsecs?
- In which movie did Yoda NOT appear?
A New Hope
- What were Padmé’s last words?
“Obi-Wan… there… is good in him. I know there is.”
- What is the color of C-3PO’s arm in Star Wars: The Force Awakens?
- According to Obi-Wan, how long had the Jedi been the guardians of peace and justice in the galaxy?
More than 1,000 generations
- Name at least five of the filming locations for Star Wars.
Uyuni Salt Flats, Bolivia
Palace of Caserta, Italy
Mount Etna, Italy
Death Valley National Park, United States
Grizzly Creek Redwoods State Park, United States
La Grande Dune, Tunisia
Hotel Sidi Idriss, Tunisia
Hardangerjøkulen Glacier, Norway
Puzzlewood, United Kingdom
Cumbria, United Kingdom
Wadi Rum, Jordan
Skellig Michael, Ireland
Plaza de España, Spain
R.A.F. Cardington, United Kingdom
Rub al Khali, United Arab Emirates
Villa del Balbianello, Italy
Phang Nga Bay, Thailand
- What animal was Yoda originally supposed to be?
- When filming in Tunisia, the government of Tunisia received threats from a leader that he would take action if they didn’t immediately remove a military vehicle from the border of Libya. What leader was it?
Random Movie Trivia Questions
- How long did it take Paul Schrader to write Taxi Driver?
- What was Buzz Lightyear originally supposed to be called?
- What did David Fincher hide in every shot of Fight Club?
- Why does Viggo Mortensen’s pain seem so real in The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers when he thinks Merry and Pippin have died?
He broke two toes in the scene as he kicked the helmet.
- What movie is this quote from? “Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.”
Back to the Future
- What was the first Disney movie to be directed by a woman?
- Spongebob was originally supposed to be called something else that was already copyrighted by a mop. What was it?
- How old was Anne Bancroft when she played Mrs. Robinson in The Graduate?
- What famous line is the ending of Gone With the Wind?
Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn.
- In the movie Face/Off, Nicolas did his own stunts, one of which was a huge jump. How many feet was the jump?
A 200-foot jump.
Holiday Trivia Questions
Host a holiday-themed trivia night at your next holiday party to test what you know about holidays in the U.S.
Christmas Trivia Questions
- What animated Christmas movie follows the story of a young boy who rides a train to the north pole?
- What postal code has Canada Post assigned to Santa Claus’s residence at the North Pole?
- According to the popular Christmas song, “Frosty the Snowman,” what are the snowman’s eyes made of?
- How many gifts would you receive if you received all of the gifts in the song “The Twelve Days of Christmas”?
- What was the angel’s name that told the Virgin Mary she would have a child?
- Who spread the news about baby Jesus in Bethlehem?
- In Bing Crosby’s biggest musical hit, he dreams of what kind of Christmas?
A white Christmas
- Boxing Day falls on the Feast of Saint Stephens, and which other holiday?
- What is the name of George Bailey’s guardian angel in It’s A Wonderful Life?
- In Home Alone, where are the McCallisters going on vacation when they leave Kevin behind?
- It’s widely disputed whether this movie counts as a Christmas movie, but those who insist it point to the fact that the events of the film take place at a Christmas party on Christmas Eve. What is the movie?
- How many viewers watched Hallmark Christmas movies In 2021?
Miscellaneous Holiday Trivia Questions
- Halloween was traditionally a festival to mark the end of what?
- How many nights does Hanukkah last?
- How many annual federal holidays are there in the U.S.?
- Which two neighboring cross-border cities jointly celebrate July 1 and July 4 holidays with the International Freedom Festival?
Windsor and Detroit
- The Liberty Bell rings how many times every 4th of July to honor how many original states?
- Candy Corn was originally called what?
- Recipes for mashed potatoes date as far back as what?
- Hanukkah is known as The Festival of Lights. What other title is it sometimes referred to as?
The Festival of Dedication
- Cupid has what name in Greek mythology?
- What is the most popular Halloween candy?
- In the T.V. show Friends, during which holiday was the group locked out of the apartment, and dinner was ruined?
- About how many roses are sent for Valentine’s Day each year?
Around 250 million
- This holiday has even bigger candy sales than Valentine’s.
- Who made the Presidential Proclamation move Thanksgiving to the second to last Thursday of November?
Franklin D Roosevelt
Trivia for Specific Groups of People
You might be showing your age if you know the answers to some of these questions. But who cares! If you beat your friends at trivia, bragging rights are all yours.
Trivia Questions for Adults
- 90% of all American money has traces of what on it?
- The planet Uranus was initially named what?
The Georgium Sidus (The Georgian Planet)
- How many weeks is paid parental leave in Norway?
- In which country can you find the most freshwater resources?
- In what year did Paul McCartney announce he was quitting The Beatles?
- When referring to an establishment that sells alcoholic drinks, what is the word “pub” short for?
- The first generation of the Chevrolet Corvette was introduced in what year?
- Established in the 1920s, what historic double-digit highway connected Chicago and Los Angeles?
- Which Psychologist is best known for his work around the theory of Behaviorism?
- What 2013 science fiction blockbuster starred Sandra Bullock and George Clooney?
- OCEAN is the acronym for the Big 5 basic traits of personality. This is the only scientifically based personality traits assessment. What does OCEAN stand for?
- What does HTTP stand for in a website address?
HyperText Transfer Protocol
- How many U.S. Supreme Court justices are there?
- Who assassinated President Abraham Lincoln?
John Wilkes Booth
- Who was the first female Prime Minister of a European country?
- The Simpsons first debuted as a short in what American variety television show?
The Tracey Ulman Show
- What is the Latin plural form of the word cactus?
- What is the common name for the third and final set of molars that most people develop?
- The world’s fastest-growing plant is a species of what?
- What was the first publicly traded U.S. company to reach a $1 trillion market cap?
- What year was the two-dollar bill last printed in the United States?
Trivia Questions for Kids
Kids love trivia! Test their knowledge and build their cognitive thinking with these trivia questions for kids.
- What’s the largest planet in the solar system?
- What movie is about a toy cowboy and a toy space soldier who become friends?
- Where is Santa Claus’s headquarters located?
The North Pole
- What did Alexander Graham Bell invent?
- In the board game Monopoly, if you pay to get out of jail, how much does it cost?
- What is the color of an emerald?
- What’s the name of a place you go to see lots of animals?
- Where does the President of the United States live while in office?
The White House
- What type of fish is Nemo?
- What is a doe?
A female deer
- How many days are in a year?
- How many sides does a triangle have?
- Where is the Eiffel Tower?
- What is the largest state in America?
- When water boils, what does it become?
- What gulf is located to the south of Florida?
The Gulf of Mexico
- What is the closest star to Earth?
- When is Independence Day?
4th of July
- What food do pandas eat?
Now that you have the most comprehensive list of trivia questions, up your game (pun intended!) by learning how to host a game night.